Notice of Car Disposal & Vehicle Licence Cancellation Perth WA
Don’t get in to a sticky situation for someone irresponsible driving- if you don’t own your car anymore notify Department of Transport Western Australia – www.transport.wa.gov.au immediately.
There can be various reasons why you don’t own your vehicle anymore
- The vehicle has been sold to another
- You have given your to a car wrecker to be taken apart
- The car has been stolen
- It has been repossessed by insurance or a different party
No matter what ways you look at it you no longer own your car…it belongs to another!
You need to report your car to the relevant Western Australian government authority. You have to report the car to the Department of Transport Western Australia.
Here you can cancel your registration
Why is it important for you to inform that you no longer own your vehicle?
- The car has been in a road mishap
- Used in an illegal activity
- Be involved in transport/road infringements
- Has been judged unfit for the road
If any of the causes above are related to your former car you will be held accountable. This will involve having to go to the transport authorities, the police and possibly the courts. The course of action can be complex, demanding and be a take-up on your time and cash. It is under no circumstances simple explaining that the car is not yours at that point of time. In particular instances you could be charged with being irresponsible with your duty which might lead to fines and based on the harshness of the wrongdoing even jail time.
Why are vehicle licenses cancelled?
- Not being on-time on payments
- You have decided to cancel your registration
- The car has been written off – not appropriate for the road
- Car doesn’t fit with Western Australian government road regulations
Cancelling Your Car Registration In Western Australian
If you are a recorded user of the car you can cancel the vehicle registration at any time you like. But make certain to adhere to WA government transport regulations.
You will need to locate a Department of Transport (DoT) Driver and Vehicle Services Centre or Agent. – and visit there in person to cancel your registration
What you need to complete registration
- Proof of your identity
- Vehicles documents of registration(if possible)
- Voluntary cancellation of vehicle licence by owner -A completed and signed Number plates and/or cancellation of registration form
- Vehicle number plates(if possible)
- An original letter from your insurance business or police stating the date of the event- If the car has been written off or been pinched and you want a repayment backdated
- Cancelation payment charge
Details you need to fill the form registration
- Registration plate’s number
- Year of manufacturer
- VIN/Chassis number
- Engine number
- Name/company of seller
- Date of removal
- Licence/Customer number
New operator’s details
- Name/company of buyer
- Date of birth
- Licence/Customer number
The above listed points will be needed when completing the vehicle registration cancelations form
If you make use of the above instructions you will be able to cancel your vehicle registration simply and effortlessly. If you don’t own your car it is preeminent to cancel it to stay away from problems in the future due to the new owners
Do you require help?
Oriental Car Removal one of the top car removal companies in Perth can offer you help. We will let you know all when it comes to disposing your vehicle and cancelling your car registration. If you are looking to get rid if your car for cash –we offer some of the top rates in Perth. If you wish to know more about vehicle registration cancelation in Perth WA or a free quote for selling your car for cash get in touch with us on 0414 664 990 or via visiting our website.